FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

Gear and Macintosh Executable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR PRO Mastering Edition Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qrssoftware

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Gear and Macintosh Executable Reply with quote

I have a DVD Video with additional Mac and PC executable programs in the root. It was burned with Toast on a Mac which does not write the UDF portion of the UDF/ISO format correctly. I had hoped that re-burning as a DVD-Video using the latest Gear Pro Mastering, with the original disc in a DVD Reader to a DVD burner would preserve the resource fork of the Mac executable and write the UDF directory correctly. It did not, and the Mac Executable will not function on a Mac after burning (although there are no directory errors). The resource fork shows as an untitled file on the original disc using CD/DVD Diagnostic (Arrowkey), it does not appear on a Windows Explorer directory even with hidden files visible. I suspect your answer will be that Gear cannot handle non-cross platform Mac files even though UDF should support it. However there are not many choices of burning software for Mac. I updated to Toast 6 but it still does not burn the UDF directory portion correctly. Any suggestions?

Thank You in advance.
Tom Vaughan
GEAR Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qrssoftware,
I will e-mail you privately to follow up on this. We don't support the preservation of Mac resource forks at the present time. We would like to understand the issue better, to see what we might be able to do.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR PRO Mastering Edition Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: