FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

Startup window size?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR PRO Professional Edition Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike_Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Startup window size? Reply with quote

Gear Pro is refreshing after dealing with the moronic, dumbed-down software that ships with most CD and DVD writers. I'm currently looking at a demo versioni of Gear Pro 7.0 and wonder if setting options is disabled because it's a demo version? I edited the gear.ini so that ShowMaximized=FALSE and WinSizeWidth=800 are set, but Gear always goes full screen after I get the demo dialog.

I know this is trivial, but customization is one of the things that I'm looking for in the software, and this is a small first step.

Thanks!

Mike
neilwilkes
GEAR Guru - 500 Club

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What desktop management or graphics drivers are you using?
I ask as I have a matrox p750 with desktop management disabled, as I am one of those who are affected by the bug in Matrox drivers causing BSOD at randon with desktop management anabled.
As a result, I also have GPME 7 open up across all 3 monitors on launch, and I too would like to make it load up only in Monitor 1.

You're correct about GEAR being superior to all the others though.
I find that I simply loathe the dreaded Poxio, or Adaptec, or RecordNow DX type applications.
And don't even get me started about another burning application!
Mike_Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil,

Nothing fancy at all as I hate stuff (decoration disguised as productivity management) getting between me and what I'm trying to do, which is why I'm looking at Gear. The machine I'm using for DVD-R is just an old Dell 4100 with an Nvidia card that came with it, though on my other machines I'm a fan of Matrox cards (450, 550). All W2K, again mostly utilitarian desktops. Don't even have active desktop enabled.

Hopefully someone or a Gear support person will check in after this holiday weekend and answer my question.

Mike
Matt V
GEAR Support Technician

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hopefully someone or a Gear support person will check in after this holiday weekend and answer my question. "

Checking in as requested.

There are two places you will find the gear.ini file. The program directory (C:\Program Files\GEAR Software\GEAR PRO - Professional Edition 7.00) and the users "Documents and Settings" area (C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\GEAR PRO Professional Edition 7.0)

You will need to edit the gear.ini file within the "Documents and Settings" area to have the changes take affect. The gear.ini file with the program directory is a hold over from previous versions. I apologize for the confusion.
Mike_Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt,

That works... thanks!

Mike
neilwilkes
GEAR Guru - 500 Club

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maximised set to "FALSE" and SetWindowWidth set to 1260.
Now it opens up nicely in the centre monitor.

Top Tweak.
I keep forgetting about the .ini files.

Thanks Matt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR PRO Professional Edition Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: