FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

Problems recognizing new drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR DVD Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bfossett

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Problems recognizing new drive Reply with quote

I've been a user of Gear/DVD pro v6 for years, mainly for making CD's via the batch function. I've just replaced my CD burner with a DVD burner, and am having problems getting Gear to recognize the DVD burner as a DVD burner. It is a Toshiba SD R6112. It is recognized and works via other programs, but using Gear I get the following error:
The current volume to be written is of type DVD but the writing of DVD-R discs is not supported by the recorder that is currently selected. I've reinstalled the burner in WinXP, updated the Gear software and drivers, but to no avail. Any suggestions?
Michael Szabo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you upgraded the GEAR drivers, did you uninstall them first?

Try uninstalling the GEAR drivers first, then install the latest GEAR driver set.
bfossett

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That did the trick. I uninstalled the drivers through control panel / software uninstall, then updated the software and cfg files via your web site and now the DVD recorder is recognized. Thanks for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR DVD Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: