FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

Ripping tracks from CD to mp3 -- doesn't work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR CD-RW Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
obie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Ripping tracks from CD to mp3 -- doesn't work Reply with quote

I am trying out Gear 7.01, 3rd day. It burned a CD for me just fine. However, it does not rip tracks from a CD. I selected "Rip CD" from the menu, saw all the tracks from the CD in the proper window, checked them all, set the encoding for mp3, stereo, 44100 Hz, and 160 kbit/sec and then hit "copy tracks." It trundles along and the progress bar shows progress for all 11 tracks, but when I look in the output directory, all it has is a new folder with the name of the "conductor" and one .wav file labeled "copytrack.wav" (it is 66 M). I did this twice to two separate output directories and got the same result. What am I doing wrong, or is this a problem with the program?

Thanks
Michael Szabo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which GEAR product are you using?

GEAR CD-RW
GEAR DVD
GEAR Video
GEAR PRO Professional Edition
GEAR PRO Mastering Edition

-----
Can you reproduce this issue using a different CD as the source?
obie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael S wrote:
Which GEAR product are you using?

GEAR CD-RW
GEAR DVD
GEAR Video
GEAR PRO Professional Edition
GEAR PRO Mastering Edition

-----
Can you reproduce this issue using a different CD as the source?

I'm using Gear CD-RW, 7.01 trial version. I tried a different CD, and this time it worked -- it put all the mp3's in a sub-sub directory - that was kind of confusing, but they were all there. Also, I could see a message for WRITING each track with this 'good' CD. I went back and tried the original CD (a Deutsche Grammophon, not exactly a cheapo) and again, it had a message for each time it 'read' a track, but none for 'writing' a track, and in fact it did not write any mp3 files. Why would it work for one commercial CD and not for another?
Thanks.
Michael Szabo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems there might be an issue with the CD-Text info for that Deutsche Grammophon CD.

Try disabling the freedb info on the Preferences | Audio tab when ripping the Deutsche Grammophon CD.
obie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael S wrote:
Well, it seems there might be an issue with the CD-Text info for that Deutsche Grammophon CD.

Try disabling the freedb info on the Preferences | Audio tab when ripping the Deutsche Grammophon CD.

You were right -- it "works" after disabling the freedb info. WITH the freedb it creates a directory called Karl B?hm (with two dots over the 'o') -- wonder if something has a problem with that funny character?

Thanks.
neilwilkes
GEAR Guru - 500 Club

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite possible the umlaut has interfered.
If you have the language set to one that uses umlaut, then I guess it would work - but the non standard file name is almost certainly throwing things here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR CD-RW Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: