FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

Read Access Times Slow With Gear Pro 7.01 rc15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR DVD Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjomara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Read Access Times Slow With Gear Pro 7.01 rc15 Reply with quote

I've looked through archives on this forum concerning this matter, but, surprisingly, haven't been able to find anything...

Why are the read access times slower with CDs or DVDs produced with Gear than, say, another burning application? The read performance takes a real hit when I load Gear-mastered media for reading into my drives. The catalog listing is slow to appear, the auto scanning feature of Windows is very slow, and the access times are slow when opening archives and other types of files. another burning application seems to produce media that glides like ice in these conditions. Is this a consequence of adhering so close to standards? Is there something I'm doing wrong, or a setting I can use to enhance performance? Please help. Thanks.

I have a Plextor PX-716A.

--
Albert
GEAR Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kjomara,

I have never experienced this. All CD or DVD media we create in testing runs as fast as any other. An audio CD for example is an audio CD and should run at the same times regardles. The only differences I can think of that are causing speed issues are these:

1) Are you perhaps creating multi-session open ended DVD or CD media in GEAR?

2) Perhaps you are using lower grade media now with GEAR than you used with other software in the past. Media can sometimes contain errors that slow down reading speeds, there is a difference when buying more expensive higher quality media, as opposed to cheaper spindles at bulk pricing.

If none of these are possibilities could you be more specific on one project you create that creates a noticeable difference in speed, using the same media, and copying the same files between GEAR and another software program?

Albert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR DVD Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: