FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

No place to set break point in ver 7.1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR PRO Professional Edition Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Rush
Frequent GEARhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: No place to set break point in ver 7.1 Reply with quote

I have GEAR PRO "Professional Edition" 7.1 rc 15-- and Ive followed the guide all the way down to the bottom where it says:

10. To set the layer break point in GEAR, click the ?Settings? button at the top of the GEAR Project window. Choose the ?DVD Settings? tab. To the right of ?Break point between layers for DVD-9?, click the "Change" button and enter the new layer break point.

Note, I set project to DVD video Iso/Udf, disk size to DVD-9 8.5 GB, but when i get to the part to set the breakpoint, there is NO place to set it, there is nothing under track path, or to the right, no change button, on breakpoint settings at all.

I can post a screen shot if need be.

thank you for any help
Albert
GEAR Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Layer Break Reply with quote

Hello Don,

There has been some issues with layer break settings for DVD projects in GEAR's 7 versions. As of rc15 GEAR has removed the functionality for layer break setting altogether, except for a few options within GEAR PRO Mastering Edition, that would be required for DDP images.

According to our developpers we have the functionality added and back in working order in ALL our GEAR products that support DL DVDs in the new 7.03 builds. These builds are still under developpement but when they are made available to our customers you will receive a free upgrade upon request.

-Albert
Don Rush
Frequent GEARhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sir, will you be emailing me when new ver is out??

thank you
dr
Don Rush
Frequent GEARhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you might think about changing the wording on your website about your software burning DL DVD, as it will not do it as it comes to the customer. I have been using your software for about 6 years now, and also wonder why another burning application burns at double the speed, same burner (plextor) same disk. Gear burns at 4X another burning application at 8X??
thank you
dr
Don Rush
Frequent GEARhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gear = 4x (another burning application)= 8X
Don Rush
Frequent GEARhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burning Rom = 8X
Albert
GEAR Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Don,

If you go to our website and sign up for our newsletter, then you will receive notification of its release. Also, you can frequently check our site for details as well.

You can set you Plextor to burn at a higher speed in GEAR PRO Professional Edition, simply press Ctrl-R to access the Batch Command Line, or select it from the file menu and run these commands in this order:

EXITCDR
SETCDRDEFAULTS WriteDVDRSpeed 8
INITCDR

Then GEAR will burn your project at 8X... Very Happy

-Albert
Don Rush
Frequent GEARhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Albert, for the 8x fix, not sure why we have to do it that way but thanks anyway.

don
Don Rush
Frequent GEARhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Albert, It seems that the 8x setting is a one time thing, how can I set it to burn at 8x every time or the max every time?

thank you
don rush
Don Rush
Frequent GEARhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert, on trying the 8x fix, it still burns at 4x, same disk burns with another application , at 8x?

thank you
don
neilwilkes
GEAR Guru - 500 Club

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don Rush wrote:
Also, you might think about changing the wording on your website about your software burning DL DVD, as it will not do it as it comes to the customer. I have been using your software for about 6 years now, and also wonder why another burning application burns at double the speed, same burner (plextor) same disk. Gear burns at 4X another burning application at 8X??
thank you
dr

GEAR happily burns to DL discs. We use it all the time.
-R DL as well as +R DL
If you are experiencing issues, check your burner and/or media.
For +R DL, never use anything other than Verbatim. Come to think of it, for -R DL, never use anything other than verbatim either.

As far as burning speeds go, 8x is too fast. Even for a high speed burner.
Remember please that with written media, the metal layer of pits is replaced with a vegetable dye, and the faster you burn, the less the delineation between pits edges.
Result = more errors.
Albert
GEAR Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Don,

Happ New Year!! Very Happy

If after manually setting it, GEAR is not allowing that recorder to burn at 8x then it is possible the solution may be fixed by a driver update. We have updated the drivers at least thrice in the last couple months, beyond that it is just a matter of waiting until GEAR gets more specific driver support for that paticular drive.

Link to driver update:
http://www.gearsoftware.com/support/drivers.cfm

GEAR supports in the least 90 percent or more of the drives that exist as of today, which is a pretty tall order, but it does not always recognize all the possible settings of each drive until we can fully implement them in our drivers.

So if the update does not help, just try back every so often we update our drivers regularly.

-Albert
Don Rush
Frequent GEARhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neilwilkes wrote:
Don Rush wrote:
thank you
dr

GEAR happily burns to DL discs. We use it all the time.
-R DL as well as +R DL
If you are experiencing issues, check your burner and/or media.
For +R DL, never use anything other than Verbatim. Come to think of it, for -R DL, never use anything other than verbatim either.

As far as burning speeds go, 8x is too fast. Even for a high speed burner.
Remember please that with written media, the metal layer of pits is replaced with a vegetable dye, and the faster you burn, the less the delineation between pits edges.
Result = more errors.

the 8x disk i was talking about was verbatimand not DL, and the DL part, I have GEAR PRO Professional Edition 7.0, and there is no place to set the breakpoint, my DL disk is verbatim and on trying to burn DL I lost 3 disk before stoping
thank you
dr
Don Rush
Frequent GEARhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert wrote:
Hello Don,

Happ New Year!! Very Happy

If after manually setting it, GEAR is not allowing that recorder to burn at 8x then it is possible the solution may be fixed by a driver update. We have updated the drivers at least thrice in the last couple months, beyond that it is just a matter of waiting until GEAR gets more specific driver support for that paticular drive.

Link to driver update:
http://www.gearsoftware.com/support/drivers.cfm

GEAR supports in the least 90 percent or more of the drives that exist as of today, which is a pretty tall order, but it does not always recognize all the possible settings of each drive until we can fully implement them in our drivers.

So if the update does not help, just try back every so often we update our drivers regularly.

-Albert

Thank you Albert, I will try the new drivers
dr
Michael Szabo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, be sure to get the latest config files:

ftp://downloads.gearsoftware.com/updates/windows/recorders/

Check the README.TXT file to be sure you select the correct API for your GEAR Software product.

Copy the files into the GEAR program folder

Example:

C:\Program Files\GEAR Software\GEAR PRO - Professional Edition 7.02
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR PRO Professional Edition Support All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: