FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

Duration anomolies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR CD-RW Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobmc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Duration anomolies Reply with quote

Hello?

I just purchased GEAR CD-RW yesterday, downloaded and successfully installed the software. On burning my first audio CD, when I insert a track (16 bit / 44.1K mono .wav) into the project, I?m warned that the track is not Red Book compliant. I click ?OK? and the track inserts into the project, but the duration of the clip is approximately half of what it should be. Additionally, the file size is less than it should be?perhaps 90% of the actual file size.

Any help on this?

Thanks in advance.

bobmc
Randy T
GEAR Support Technician

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobmc,

This is probably due to it being mono instead of stereo. Does it play?
bobmc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Randy...

It plays, but not correctly. It plays the entire audio file at what appears to be twice speed with associated raised pitch.

(Added) - After converting mono 16/44 wav files to stereo and reburning, the CD track(s) play correctly. I have also discovered the following:

1. When placing mono mp3 files into queue (as opposed to mono wav), the conversion performed by the software creates good files that play correctly

2. When placing mono wav file into queue, then right-clicking file to play before burning, file shows correct duration and plays correctly, even though in queue, file duration is indicated as half of real duration.
Randy T
GEAR Support Technician

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobmc,

Since that wav file is not Red Book compliant, you should not add it to your project. GEAR cannot convert it to Red Book and you will get some problems with the file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR CD-RW Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: