FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

Write error: GPL 5.01

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR PRO LINUX Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgarlock
Frequent GEARhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Write error: GPL 5.01 Reply with quote

Hello,

I just got the following error, when trying to write a CD ISO image (Knoppix) to my Plextor CD Burner:

Write operation was not successful.
Illegal request reported by CD recorder.
Driver error code = 02052400h.
The disc in PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W1210S is not successfully recorded.

I was contacted by someone in support about sending me a new version of gear, that supports my glibc version, but I was able to write an image to this CD burner before, so I wonder why it dies this time.

- Bruce
bgarlock
Frequent GEARhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I changed the recording type from DAO, to TAO, the recording worked fine. I know my CD Recorder supports DAO, since I have bured CD's using DAO both in cdrecord, and cdrdao.

Any idea why Gear would not let me burn in DAO with my plextor CDR?
Matt V
GEAR Support Technician

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bgarlock,

Please give me some time to set up a Knoppix box to duplicate your error. Currently, I have been unable to reproduce your problem on Red Hat or Mandrake.
bgarlock
Frequent GEARhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt V wrote:
bgarlock,

Please give me some time to set up a Knoppix box to duplicate your error. Currently, I have been unable to reproduce your problem on Red Hat or Mandrake.

Which version of RedHat are you testing with? I am using RedHat 9, with all security updates from progeny. I am planning on updating this machine to Fedora Core, but I need to plan out my migration first.

I was also told by support@gearsoftware.com that someone was going to build me a new copy of Gear Pro for Linux, that uses the same GLIBC as RedHat 9, since I was also getting some GLIBC errors.

Maybe this is the cause of this error, too. It could be that the 5.01 binary was built on a machine that is much different from my currentl environment.

- Bruce
Matt V
GEAR Support Technician

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bgarlock,

I am using Red Hat 9, staight from the install disks, with no updates. I have emailed you regarding a SCSI log. Please create one and email the log to me at your convenience. Thanks.
bgarlock
Frequent GEARhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt V wrote:
bgarlock,

I am using Red Hat 9, staight from the install disks, with no updates. I have emailed you regarding a SCSI log. Please create one and email the log to me at your convenience. Thanks.

There were several glibc updates, during the RH9 lifecycle. I am at:

#-(0)> rpm -q glibc
glibc-2.3.2-27.9.7

Also, I did not receive any emails from you regarding the SCSI output. Can you resend the email?

Thanks,

Bruce
Randy T
GEAR Support Technician

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bgarlock,

Which version of the software are you using? Is it a demo or full? From the command line, type getapiversion. Then we can tell you if there is a newer version.
bgarlock
Frequent GEARhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy T wrote:
bgarlock,

Which version of the software are you using? Is it a demo or full? From the command line, type getapiversion. Then we can tell you if there is a newer version.

I am using the full licensed version, with the support contact. I have already been told in another version I am using the latest version, and I have gotten an email from support, that the developers are working on another version for me that takes care of the glibc issue.

I just received my CD in the mail last week, so I am running the latest version. I am also working with Matt V in support on a couple of issues.

I really think if I get a build built on RH9, that it will fix a lot of the problems I am having.

- Bruce
Matt V
GEAR Support Technician

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Build was made with fixes included, Bruce has confirmed it works. Thread will be closed. For any new problems, please start a new thread.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR PRO LINUX Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: