FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

Error message when adding photos. Please help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR Video
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunsethj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Error message when adding photos. Please help. Reply with quote

In the video editor when I try to drag and drop(as the manual directed me to) I get the following error message:

"One or more files could not be added."

"You receive this error if either the current codec selection disallows decoding a file or if the file does not contain a video or audio stream although required."

I checked under 'preferences' in the video editor settings to make sure the codecs were there and they were.

I am previewing this software because I want to be able to make dvd's of picture slideshows with occassional video clips in it. I don't like using "windows movie maker" because it can't burn to dvd. I'm hoping your program will be able to fix the burning problem.
Michael Szabo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many photos were you trying to add at once?

The 'codec' error message may be related to having too many codecs selected. Many different software applications add codecs to the PC, and GEAR will try to make us of all of them if they are all selected.

Try un-checking some of the similar named codecs to see if that resolves the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR Video All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: