FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

gearAspiWDM.sys and itunes causing DVDRW to crash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR CD-RW Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jock

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: gearAspiWDM.sys and itunes causing DVDRW to crash Reply with quote

i have heard that this file gearAspiWDM.sys could be the reason that whenever I put a DVD/CD into my LG 4163B DVDRW it crashes.

I have itunes installed (and need it due to my 3 ipods) but I need to make it all work.

Looking at the driver it says it is version 2.00.07.03 and it is not digitally signed.

Can anyone help, can I take this off and my DVD drive still work. Can i do it without uninstalling Itunes???

Thanks
Frans
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can install the latest GEARAspi driver set by downloading and running the driver installer: http://www.gearsoftware.com/support/drivers.cfm

The GEARAspi driver set is digitally signed, but iTunes may not have installed all the files so that Windows will indicate that the files are signed in device manager.

Running the driver installer will resolve this.

If after updating the GEARAspi driver set you are still experiencing problems, please send a system information file (enter msinfo32.exe in the Start | Run... menu) and a description of the symptoms to support@gearsoftware.com.
Frans
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has come to our attention that a release of iTunes 8 updated an USB driver which could cause Vista to crash.

Apple has released a fix for this.

Please see this link for details on how to resolve the issue: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2280
jbinoville

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Found Solution To Itunes / Gear Driver problem Reply with quote

I just bought a brand new PC and my problems started when I upgraded to Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I noticed that my DVD drive was gone after the upgrade. I can't remember if I installed iTues before or after the upgrade (sorry).

In order to restore my DVD drive, I ran some program that removes the filters but then ITunes started complaining about not having the right registry settings.

I tried a bunch of things and either ITunes worked and no DVD or the DVD worked but iTunes compained.

Ultimately I got EVERYTHING working properly again by doing the following:

1. Manually removed the GEAR drivers using the instructions on the GEAR site.
2. Deleted the GEAR Service from the registry.
3. Downloaded and installed the Gear Driver Installer
4. Downloaded and installed the 30 day trial of GEAR PRO (This caused the gear drivers to get installed)
5. Reinstalled iTunes.

Now my drive shows up and ITunes 8.1 will burn CD's

There's 5 hours of my life I'll never get back.

Installing the GEAR drivers should have been easier/better documented. I guess the driver installer just waits in the background until some program comes along that needs the drivers and then it kicks in.

Hope this helps somebody.
Frans
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you upgrading from a 32bit OS to a 64bit OS?

If so, than that is probably the cause of your problem.

The 32bit drivers installed with the 32bit version of iTunes are not compatible with a 64bit OS, and will have to be removed before installing the 64bit drivers.

See this KB article for more info: http://www.gearsoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=GEAR_Powered_Products
alicesmile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Encore DVD 1.5 user and about to do my first project on DLT for DVD-9 and CSS protection. After it has been built onto the DLT, Encore does not allow me to check the content of the tape. The replication house I am sending the DLTs to only uses Eclipse to quickly check what's on the tapes.

Would using Gear Pro ME allow me to check what's on my DLTs? And what would be the procedure?
Michael Szabo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to restore the content from the DLT tapes using GEAR PRO Mastering Edition, and you might be able to 'burn' the DDP image restored from the DLTs to DVD±R (DL) media.

http://www.gearsoftware.com/howtoguides/restoreddpimage.php

Beginning with PME 8.00, you can burn the DDP image directly without having to combine the two .DAT files:

http://www.gearsoftware.com/howtoguides/ddptodisc.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR CD-RW Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: