FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

GEAR compatibility with DVD and CD recorders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> Advice for GEAR powered software products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEARCustomer
Frequent GEARhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: GEAR compatibility with DVD and CD recorders Reply with quote

This is a copy of the email I sent today to mcarzola@gearsoftware.com. I am just hoping someone can help with this problem.

Symantec technical support referred me to Gear in order to solve a problem I am having using their Ghost 9 product. Although my CDRW/DVD is listed as being supported on the Gear site, I am getting a "Write Failed" error (EA39070D) after about 10 minutes of CD activity.

Here is what I got on the Symantec site:
------
Error: "EA39070D: Write Failed" when trying to write an image to a DVD or CD writer using Drive Image 7.0 or V2i Protector 2.0

Situation:
While trying to write an image to a DVD or CD writer using Drive Image 7.0 or V2i Protector 2.0, you see the message "EA39070D: Write Failed."

Solution:
This is most likely due to a compatibility problem with your CD or DVD writer. To find out if your drive is supported by Drive Image 7.0 or V2i Protector 2.0, search the list of supported drives at Gear? Software. Specify your OS and the manufacturer of your CD or DVD writer to see if your device is supported.
----

I really appreciate your help in solving this problem and have listed all my specific details below. Please let me know if you need more information.

Platform: Dell Dimension 8200, XP Home, service pack 2

Failing application: Norton Ghost 9 (image backup software: trying to copy C: to D: (the DVD drive)). This has been successful using prior versions of Ghost.

Error message: Backup of C:\ did not complete successfully. Error EA39070D: Write Failed (0xEA39070D)

DVD activity: normal "activity" light flashing for about 10 minutes (probably reached the capacity of the CD); then the unit ejected the CD but it is not readable. At this time, the error message was displayed and the backup job ended.

from Device Manager: Samsung CDRW/DVD SM-308B

from SM-308B Properties:
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 7/1/2001
Driver Version: 5.1.2535.0
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows XP Publisher

from Driver File Details
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys
Provider: another burning application
File Version: 5.10(103)
Copyright: 2001

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Cdralw2k.sys
File Version: 5.10(103)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys
Provider: Microsoft Corp
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180(xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
Copyright:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys
Provider: GEAR Software
File Version: 2.033
Copyright: 2004

c:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
Copyright:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ImapiRox.sys
Provider: another burning application, Inc.
File Version: 1.00(1005)
Copyright: 1999-2001

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MxIW2k.sys
Provider: MusicMatch, Inc
File Version: 1.0.1.90
Copyright: 2000

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pws_2k.sys
File Version: 5.10(105)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
Copyright:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\storprop.dll
Copyright:

I also went to the Samsung site, searched for the DVD and downloaded (but have not installed) the following:

SM-308B Firmware (ver.T101) for Win98/ME/2K/XP (updated: 2003-09-02)

I searched the Gear knowledgebase and forum but did not find anything appropriate, possibly because the Norton Ghost 9 product has only been available for a few months.

To summarize my situation: Symantec says to check the Gear site for my DVD; the Gear site says it supports my DVD; but the application fails and I don't know what else to do.

I appreciate your time and interest.

Scott
Randy T
GEAR Support Technician

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,

Go to the Support page and then driver updates. Download and install the latest GEAR driver set.

Next, go to the Support page and Updates. Download the latest configuration files for your software. You should be able to right click on the file and choose save as. Point it to where you have the software installed at. It will override the original files that are there.

If you still are having a problem, you will need to contact Symantec's tech support directly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> Advice for GEAR powered software products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: