FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

Gear drivers don't install - Windows 7, iTunes 10.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR DVD Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bungee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Gear drivers don't install - Windows 7, iTunes 10.2 Reply with quote

OK got a new laptop with Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit installed and tried to install iTunes and got a message saying I need to install the 64bit iTunes which I did. On starting iTunes I get a message saying it hasn't been installed properly and I won't be able to burn to CD's. A web search brought me here and I downloaded the 64bit Gear drivers and ran the install but the problem with iTunes remains. I've checked the registry but there are no entries and my drive still has the Microsoft drivers, no GearSoftware drivers. Its as if the install has been completed successfully but it hasn't as there are no files there! (The install is being run as admin and I've also switched off my AV)

Can anyone shed any light on this problem???
Michael Szabo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've posted an RSS feed for known 'drivers' issues:

http://www.gearsoftware.com/rss/GEAR-drivers-feed.php

This particular article might be a place to start:

Determining if GEARAspi drivers are installed correctly
http://www.gearsoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Determining_if_GEARAspi_drivers_are_installed_correctly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR DVD Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: