FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

GEAR7.0 Audio Editor- hearing a "knock" sound betw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR PRO Professional Edition Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Love2Burn
GEAR Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: GEAR7.0 Audio Editor- hearing a "knock" sound betw Reply with quote

Hello,

Programm: GEAR7.0 Professional Editon Trial
Project; Audio-CD
Gap: 2sec

Im adding 17 MP3 Songs to my Audio-CD Project. Edit every MP3 File in the new Gear Audio Editor and normalise them, that each song has the same loudness.
After burning and verifiying the cd, there is at each end of the track (where the CD-player changes to the next track) a "KNOCK" .
I first cannot believe this, so i change to another player but it has the same "KNOCK" sound.

This is a very big problem! Can you help me?

Thank you..

Stefan
Love2Burn
GEAR Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: KNACK - Sound Reply with quote

Hello,

i?m testing on and on. It seems the "knack" Sound at the end of each track will only inserted when i edit the track bevore with the audio editor.
when i edit track 3, 5, 7, burn the AudioCD, the cd player will "knack" only on this tracks i have edited.

Sincerly
Stefan
Sentoo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Same Problem Reply with quote

Hi,

have the same problem, with the audio editor!

Bug?
Love2Burn
GEAR Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: GEAR "KNACK" Reply with quote

Hello Sentoo,

thank you.. I don?t know if we should call it BUG or Feature, but it is extremly bad for me. .

I like the GEAR 7 product i find it very stable, but I need to explore it and get acquainted with all its possibilities.

Thanks again.

Stefan
Love2Burn
GEAR Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Testing Reply with quote

Hello,

now i tested it on another maschine.. the same procedure, the same problem. If i edit a song with the editor, i hear a "knack" when my player (i tested with various players) changes from one to the next track.

MP3->WAV->EDIT AUDIOEDITOR->BURN CD->PLAYER

Thanks
Stefan
Tom Vaughan
GEAR Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefan and Sentoo,
I'm looking into this. I've asked our QA Manager to try to verify the issue. I'll let you know what we find.

Thanks for your patience, and your expert feedback.
Love2Burn
GEAR Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

what happened about this Bug Report? Do you solve this problem?

Thanks
Love2Burn
Michael Szabo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to understand what is happening.

It seems to me the "knock" you hear, is due to either the file you are importing is not an exact sector size, and is being 'padded' to complete the track's length, or the file is being padded when saved in the audio editor.

Not that it is really any of my business, but what are these mp3 files that you are editing with the audio editor, and trying to burn? You have many requests for 'cross-fading' which is what I think you wish to use to overcome this issue.

Are you trying to make 'seamless' playback audio CDs from different source mp3 files - sort of like a 'poor-man's DJ work'?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR PRO Professional Edition Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: