FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

GEAR mastering the dvdr industrial with css protection etc.?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR PRO Mastering Edition Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michael79

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: GEAR mastering the dvdr industrial with css protection etc.? Reply with quote

GEAR mastering the blank dvdr industrial with css protection and restrict copyright protection?

advanced thanks mr. tom.
Tom Vaughan
GEAR Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,
I'm sorry for the delay... I've been on vacation.

I'm not sure what you mean by "blank DVD-R Industrial". DVD-R is available as general purpose (most DVD-R drives and media), and "authoring" format. General purpose DVD-R media can not be written with CSS protection. Authoring media can theoretically be written with CSS protection, but GEAR does not support this (and I am not aware of ANY software that supports writing a CSS protected title to DVD-R).

So, you can not write a DVD that is CSS protected. However, you can create a DVD master tape or disc that contains a DDP image flagged for CSS protection. When this DDP image is processed by a DVD mastering / replication company, the DVDs that are replicated will be encoded with CSS (Content Scrambling System).

I hope this answers your question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR PRO Mastering Edition Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: