FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

Copy Disc parameters & Test before write

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR PRO Professional Edition Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justerik

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Copy Disc parameters & Test before write Reply with quote

Copy Disc parameters: (and log-window)

When I needed to copy several audio-discs, the following occurred. I started the disc-copy-function in Gear, and looked over the Device Settings. I saw that the advanced read settings of my DVD-ROM drive were set to the following:

- Scan all track index points before copying. (enabled, box was checked)
- Check CRC on subcode data during index scanning. (enabled, box was checked)
- Verify absolute CD time in subcode during index scanning. (enabled, box was checked)
- Correct postgap if smaller than 150 sectors. (disabled, box was unchecked)

When the copying started, the following text showed up in the log-window:

Recorder parameter ReadCDSpeedData set to 50 for PLEXTOR DVD-ROM PX-130A.
Recorder parameter ReadCDSpeedAudio set to 50 for PLEXTOR DVD-ROM PX-130A.
Recorder parameter ScanIndexCheckCRC set to FALSE for PLEXTOR DVD-ROM PX-130A.
Recorder parameter ScanIndexCheckATime set to FALSE for PLEXTOR DVD-ROM PX-130A.
Recorder parameter CorrectPostgap set to FALSE for PLEXTOR DVD-ROM PX-130A.

Very strange it seems. Both ScanIndexChecks (CRC and Absolute Time) should have read: set to TRUE.

Note: it might be better to use 'Device parameter' instead of 'Recorder parameter'; most people tend to use a CD/DVD-ROM drive as their source-drive.

Test before write:

With the first copy, I enabled "test before write" (I checked the box). Both the test and the actual copy-process were completed succesfully.

For my second copy, I left Gear running. And I started the disc-copy-function again. I saw that "test before write" was unchecked (box), and should have been disabled. But it wasn't. So Gear did both the test and the actual copy.

To prevent it from happening again, I restarted Gear.......and now, it did not perform the "test before write", as it should. The box was unchecked, and therefor set to "disabled".

Hope you guys in The States are alright!!!

Greetings, justerik.
Matt V
GEAR Support Technician

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justerik,

Thank you for the info. If your results can be duplicated, hopefully a fix will follow shortly.

Also, thank you for your concern. The Florida office now has power again and everyone seems to have come out unscathed.
justerik

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: GEAR Product Improvement Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick response Matt Very Happy

I used to work for Gear, a few years back now, but only for a short period: as "bug-finder" and a bit technical-support....so I bought the newest version through my old office in The Netherlands. The new office-manager, a very nice lady, told me about the situation in The US...I'm glad you guys are alright!! Smile Smile

By the way, is there any chance Tom received my Word-document on "GEAR Product Improvement"??? The new office-manager promised me to sent it also to the US, to Tom and you.

Greetings,

justerik - NL
Matt V
GEAR Support Technician

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justerik,

I do not know if Tom has recevied anything, I have not. I will send an email to Tom to read this thread.
Tom Vaughan
GEAR Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justerik,
I have not received your e-mail. I will e-mail you to be sure you have my address.
justerik

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: sending Word-document as of now Reply with quote

Hello Tom (and Matt),

I've just read both your reply and your e-mail. I'll send the document right away...it's about making a few twitches to Gear...making it more 'workable', without really changing the whole thing.

You might find it useful,

Greetings,

justerik - NL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR PRO Professional Edition Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: