FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

Problem with SCSI DVD-Rom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR PRO Professional Edition Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klama

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Problem with SCSI DVD-Rom Reply with quote

I just downloaded GEAR PRO 7.01 for evaluation. I have already recorded some cd and dvd media. Looks like this is the ultimate recording software I've been looking for.
I'm currently running Windows 2000 Professional SP4. The motherboard is an Elitegroup K7S5A Pro with an AMD Athlon XP 2.4 GHz The SCSI controller is an Adaptec AHA-2940U2W. Amongst other drives, there is a DVD-ROM connected: a Pioneer DVD-303. My CD Writer is a Pioneer DVR-107D. Now I wanted to use the DVD-ROM to make a disc-to-disc copy of a data cdrom. But when I try to double click the drive in GEAR, I get:

Drive and media check was not successful.
Illegal request reported by CD recorder.
Driver error code = 02052000h.

The DVD-ROM drive works okay for other applications. So what's the problem? Does the above error message mean that GEAR thinks that the drive is a recorder?

Any suggestions welcome.

Merry Christmas to all of you,

Markus Klama.
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZERS

Last edited by klama on Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Matt V
GEAR Support Technician

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klama,

The error code indicates "INVALID COMMAND OPERATION CODE". Please generate a SCSI log and repeat the steps you did to produce the error. Please then email that log to support@gearsoftware.com attention of Matt V. Thanks.

You can generate a log file by going to the File menu and select the Generate Log File command or press CTRL + L.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> GEAR PRO Professional Edition Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: