FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

My Hercules WDM interface for my Audio card is dead too

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> Advice for GEAR powered software products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
optimizer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: My Hercules WDM interface for my Audio card is dead too Reply with quote

Will the gearaspiwdm.sys be the thing that has killed off my Hercules Digifire 7.1 audio card. It had "WDM" in one of the drivers and you have WDM in the gearaspiwdm.sys name.
I've found that as soon as I load the Hercules WDM interface driver, sound/video stops working.

Also did Service Pack 2 alter things for the Gear driver, so that it could no longer work properly? (I'm not sure if that was a point of more problems at this end - was it at your end?).

Again, this Symantec Norton Ghost installed driver seems to be acting like a trojan or virus knocking out my CD-RW, DVD-R, and very likely the culprit behind the failure of my Digifire 7.1 Audio card. I would hope Symantec Norton and Gear Software would be treating the problem like a trojan or virus when the simple act of installing the Symantec Norton Ghost which from what I read on another post, installs Gear Software gearaspiwdm.sys driver which seems to deactivate all of the nice features on my computer.
ITunes was not an issue on this computer. It was fresh windows too.

In haste (my last message too).
Thanks
Michael Szabo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read our Knowledgebase Article ID: 295

It explains the GEAR drivers, and instructs how to remove them

Also read Article ID: 296. It describes how to 'manually' remove the GEAR drivers. Read it CAREFULLY! You can cause real damage to your system if you follow the procedure incorrectly.

Try uninstalling/reinstalling the GEAR drivers, (first automatically using the GEAR Driver Remover ultility) and downloading the latest drivers. If that fails, try the 'manual' removal, then download the latest drivers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> Advice for GEAR powered software products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: