FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

Toshiba Qosmio G20-102 and Ghost10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> Advice for GEAR powered software products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmarais

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Toshiba Qosmio G20-102 and Ghost10 Reply with quote

I have a problem with my Toshiba laptop and Ghost 10. I am trying to use the Backup Now feature of Ghost 10 on the laptop but it keeps on freezing up at the stage where the second DVD is asked for. So it works for the first DVD but when the second is asked for it just sits there waiting.

I have waisted a few DVD's by now trying everything on this problem.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Righardt

Hardware:
Toshiba Qosmio G20-102
1 GB Ram
2 x SATA 80 Gb HDD
2Ghz Mobile Centrino
Matshita DVD-RAM UJ845S (D100 firmware ? and there is no other firmware available)

Software:
Win XP Pro SP2 applied
Sonic Record Now
Sonic DLA (uninstalled)
InterVideo WinDVR 5
InterVideo WinDVD Creator 2
DVD-RAM driver

I am using Verbatim DVD-R 16x dvd disks for the writing purposes. And, no it?s not the disks because I went as far as to try other brands (HP)
Albert
GEAR Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rmarais,

Ghost is developped by Symantec, (Norton). GEAR provided the burning engine for Ghost, but the software is their own. As we would hope Ghost would not troubleshoot questions for our software, Ghost also wishes the same respect, and as such any troubleshooting you need for Norton is best handled with their company.

However, I can give you a link to the latest GEAR drivers and if there is an issue with an old GEAR driver set, running the update will fix your issues and solve your problems.

Here is the link:

http://www.gearsoftware.com/support/drivers.cfm

Regards,
Albert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> Advice for GEAR powered software products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: