FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

DVD Labeling - Stick-On's, LightScribe, or Direct Printing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> DVD & CD Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foton phiddler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: DVD Labeling - Stick-On's, LightScribe, or Direct Printing? Reply with quote

I've become fed up with stick-on's, mainly blisters developing over time (several months). I guess I could switch brands, but can't imagine waiting months or years to know for sure the problem is gone. LightScribe is monochrome and oh so slow. Direct printing has got to be the way to go, but is there anything out there besides the Epsons and, of course, the more expensive industrial grade units.?

I've heard that some Canon models can handle printables but don't come with a tray?

Any suggestions?
neilwilkes
GEAR Guru - 500 Club

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is definitely a great idea to stay as far away from stick-on labels as you can. These will contract because of the intense heat in a burner/DVD player, and cause the glue to do some very strange things to the balance of the disc.
Worst-case scenario is a shattered disc in your player.

Direct printing is a fine plan - we use a Canon i905D that does come with a tray & a basic printing/design application as well. I would also recommend a can of spray-fixer to prevent ink running.
Burn before printing.
We did have an Epson, but found it to be very unreliable in the extreme.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> DVD & CD Topics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: