FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile       

CD/DDP track markers on single file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> DVD & CD Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gold

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: CD/DDP track markers on single file Reply with quote

I am evaluating Gear mastering for audio DDP creation. I tried the search function but came up short. I apologize if this has been answered before.

I would like to import a single file of a CD project and add the track markers/ISRC/CD Text throughout this single file. Is this possible?

In the half hour I spent with the demo it seemed that I had to import single tracks. This is a no go as I often have precise crossfades and don't want to risk getting clicks in the audio.

The DAW software I use (Samplitude) can't save an ISO image so that isn't an option either.

I also don't want to burn a CDR and rip it back in. I know it's pretty close to %100 okay but it makes me nervous.

I also couldn't get the audio monitor to output to my soundcard (Lynx2). The lynx came up as an option but everytime I selected it and closed the window it would revert back to the windows output. Am I doing something stupid?
Michael Szabo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the 'single file' is a raw binary audio file, i.e NOT a wave file, you could use a GEAR 'Track List File'.

You could then create a DDP from a GEAR volume that was created using the Track List File as the External Image Type.

Check page 169 (page 157 of the manual) of the GEAR PRO Mastering User Manual (PDF) available here:
ftp://downloads.gearsoftware.com/support/windows/manuals/GEARPRO7Manual.pdf

Alternatively, you could try using a 'virtual drive' and 'mount' a cue sheet that references the binary audio file which includes all the UPC/EAN/ISRC information.

Caution: GEAR suggests the virtual drive method as a 'work-around' and cannot guarantee the success using third-party software with GEAR for this purpose.
neilwilkes
GEAR Guru - 500 Club

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the lack of PQ placement options in GEAR, whenever I create an Audio CD that a DDP image is required for the way I will work it is like this:
1 - Create my Audio CD using WaveLab.
Set all the PQ and track index markers here
2 - Write this - slow as possible - to a High Quality CD-R disc. Most replication plants accepting DDP images will also want a reference disc as well, so it's not a waste.
3 - Place this disc into the drive, and rather than rip it in, tell GPME to "Create DDP Image from CD".

Believe me - this works perfectly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GEAR Software - CD / DVD Burning Software Forum Index -> DVD & CD Topics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: