ERROR: CD-RW disc is an imcompatible format or write-protected
From GEAR Software Knowledgebase
Applies to Products: All
Applies to Operating Systems: All
When attempting to record to a CD-RW disc, the operation may fail with one of the following errors:
- Cannot initialize the recorder for writing. The type or format of the medium currently loaded is not recognized by the drive
- Cannot initialize the recorder for writing. The medium is write protected
- The user is attempting to record to High Speed media in a non High Speed drive
- The user is attempting to record to Ultra Speed media in a non Ultra Speed drive
- The media being used is incorrectly reporting its disc type to the drive
Determine the capabilities of your drive and make sure your CD-RW media is supported.
If the user finds that the media type is supported and still receives the error message then the media may be incorrectly reporting its media type to the drive. In this case we advise users to return the media to your retailer.