From GEAR Software Knowledgebase
The GEAR preferences can be found under the Options menu and are saved in the configuration file gearrc. They will be the default values for each new project you will create. You can edit the following settings:
- Project defaults; settings used when loading files. GEAR PRO Unix supports Rockridge extensions so you can also create CDs that can use long filenames on Unix systems.
- Default CD label settings; project information that can be written to CDR( W).
- Working directory; directory where the project file is saved.
- Default directory for saving audio files copied (ripped) from CD Audio discs.
To change the GEAR Preferences, you must
1. Select Preferences from the Options menu to display the Preferences dialog. The Preferences dialog appears.
2. Make the changes you want, then click OK to save the preferences to the gearrc file.