GEAR PRO UNIX 4.12
- HP-UX 10.20
- SGI IRIX 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, and 6.5
- IBM AIX 4.2 and 4.3
- Compaq Tru64 UNIX 4.0G and 5.x
- Digital UNIX 4.0
NOTE: Going forward since 2004, GEAR Software discontinued new software development on GEAR PRO UNIX for SGI IRIX, Tru64, and Digital Unix.
Professional CD and DVD Recording Capability
A Simple to use Graphical InterfaceA Graphical User Interface for SGI Irix, IBM AIX, Compac Tru64, and Linux. The GUI supports easy drag and drop of files and directories into the GEAR image.
Duplicate CDs and DVDsCreate inexpensive duplication workstations to accurately format masters for fast mass replication. Match your master precisely!
Automate routine tasksAutomate repetitive tasks and unattended recording jobs by using command scripts or batch files.
Index disc projects with many filesOptimize the disc file system to index projects with many files. Access files when you want them.
- Full CD & DVD recorder support for all industry standard media types including DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R DL and DVD-RAM.
- Ability to work with both standard as well as third party drivers to provide recorder support via IDE, SCSI and USB interfaces.
- Creation of CD & DVD volumes in ISO 9660, Joliet, UDF, Rockridge, CD Audio, DVD Video and numerous other formats.
- GEAR saves all UNIX (Solaris and some other UNIX OS) file security attributes to CD and DVD when the disc is created using a "Pure UDF" project type.
- When mounted under UNIX, files on discs created by GEAR (disc type UDF) retain all UNIX (Solaris and some other UNIX OS) security attributes.
- Creation of CD & DVD images for all industry standard disc types including CD-DA, CD-XA and DVD-5, DVD-9, DVD-10 & DVD-18.
- Wide range of functions for disc duplication and data & audio track extraction.
- Support for batch files for unattended operation as well as extensive logging capabilities.
- Conversion of CD & DVD images to industry standard DDP 2.1 image files or tapes for hassle free disc mastering.
- Integrated CD Jukebox operations for writing in-house mastering, unattended disc replication and multi disc recording for large data sets.
- Support for batch files for unattended operation and ability to generate log files that can be reused as batch files.
- Integrated CD Jukebox operations for writing multiple copies and unattended replication and jukebox recording for large data sets.
- Supports all physical CD & DVD formats including CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-XA, DVD-5, 9, 10 and DVD-18.
- Enables the creation and manipulation of all industry standard file systems and file extensions including ISO, UDF, Rock Ridge and Joliet.
- Fast virtual image building requiring less than 5% of total CD image size to record.
- Allows the import of VIDEO_TS folders for the creation of DVD-VIDEO titles.
- Direct to disc recording of files to UDF volumes.
- Export of virtual images to .ISO compliant image files.
- Export images to DDP 2.1 format for high volume mastering of CD & DVD titles.
Please contact email@example.com to request a demo.
GEAR PRO UNIX Products
- GEAR PRO UNIX 5.20
• Solaris 8,9,10 x86/SPARC
• IBM AIX 5.x
• HPUX 11.x
- GEAR PRO for Solaris 10 w/ Trusted Extensions
• Solaris 10 x86/SPARC
- GEAR Trusted Solaris
• Solaris 8 x86
- GEAR PRO UNIX 4.12
• SGI Irix 6.x
• HPUX 10.x
•Tru64 and Digital UNIX
Interested in our UNIX Software?
To purchase GEAR PRO UNIX, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Turn-key External DVD/CD Solution
Along with your purchased copy of GEAR PRO UNIX software, GEAR can provide a turn-key hardware solution for SCSI UNIX boxes...more information is available here.